I'm always looking for better ways to collaborate with my coworkers here at InfernoRed. As engineers, we geek out on all kinds of tools built for software and mobile developers. Our Slack channels are full of back-and-forths on what is great and what is not so great. Sometimes the debate is about individual or team preferences, but mostly it's focused on helping us work with our clients.
Recently, I got into exploring the best online whiteboard tools. When I was looking for tools, I was looking for ease of use and speed, which means the tool should be short of full UI design tool such as Figma. At first, I focused on those that could handle freehand drawing (because who doesn't like to scribble in real-time?) but then focused a bit more on the real-time collaboration and quick ability to envision.
The results of my deep dive are the options listed down below. When I started I was leaning toward Google's JamBoard as my top choice. It saves to Google Drive and is pretty slick. However, I ended up favoring FigJam. FigJam was super quick to get started and the tool created beautiful easy-to-read diagrams.
Here’s my list. What’s your favorite?
- Google JamBoard: https://jamboard.google.com/
- Microsoft Office Whiteboard: https://whiteboard.office.com/
- Figma FigJam: https://www.figma.com/figjam/
- Invision Freehand: https://www.invisionapp.com/freehand
- Adobe Whiteboard: https://modular.adobe.com/whiteboard
- Miro Whiteboard: https://miro.com/online-whiteboard/
- Sketchboard: https://sketchboard.io/
- Lucidspark: https://lucidspark.com/landing/create/whiteboard-software
- Mural: https://www.mural.co/